NEST Application Form 2017, NISER NEST Exam Notification, nestexam.in: National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level entrance exam conducted by joint venture of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS). NEST exam is regulated for admission to the 5 year integrated M.Sc programme which is offered by NISER and UM-DAE CBS.
This NEST exam will be scheduled once in a year in around 59 cities across the country. Applicants can apply for NEST online/ offline application from the official website that is nestexam.in on or before the last date which is 6th March 2017. Before applying online application for NEST exam aspirants are suggested to ensure their eligibility criteria and other information.
Examinees may get the latest information about NEST 2017 including eligibility criteria, application form, examination pattern, syllabus etc. You can also bookmark us for more latest details about NEST exam that is examsresult24.com.
About NEST: The National Entrance Screening Test is a yearly college entrance test in India which is regulated to get admission into the NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research), UM-DAE CBS (Bhubaneswar and the Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai).
Details Of NEST Exam 2017
Last Date of NEST Application Form 2017: 6 March 2017
NEST 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for NEST 2017 is mentioned below:
- Nominees have to pass 12th or its equivalent examination with any combination of Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Biology subjects.
- Competitors must have passed 12th or its equivalent examination in 2015/ 2016 is eligible to apply.
- Participants who have completed 12th or its equivalent test before 2015 are not eligible to apply.
- Scholars appearing in 12th or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
For admission in M.Sc programme: Contestant must secure minimum 60% for general/ OBC candidates and 55% for SC, ST and PD candidates in the 12th class or its equivalent class.
- Applicants born on or after 1 August, 1997 for general/ OBC candidates are eligible to apply.
- The relaxation of 5 years in age limit is given for SC, ST and PD candidates.
Application Form fee:
|Categories||Online fee||Off line fee|
and OBC Male
|SC and ST Male||350/-||400/-|
with Physical Disability (All categories)
Exam Pattern for NEST Application Form 2017
- Sections: The exam paper shall be divided into 5- sections that will be consists general section of 30 marks and other 4 sections of 50 marks each.
- Subjects: The above 5-sections are General aptitude/ Biology/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics.
- Section one that is general aptitude will be compulsory for all.
- Aspirants can choose any section.
- Merit Calculation: Only 3 highest scored sections were considered for merit calculation.
- Language: The mode of language will be English only.
- Type: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be done for subjects section only. No negative marking in general section.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Marks: The question paper will contain total 230 marks.
The NEST exam pattern is mentioned below:
Seat Reservation for NISER/ CBS NEST Application Form
There are approx. 172 seats are available in NISER and 47 seats in CBS for integrated M.Sc course. The seat reservation for different categories is mentioned below:
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
NEST 2017 Exam Dates:
The official dates are mentioned below:
|Online Application Start||2nd January 2017|
|Last date of Application Form||6th March 2017|
|NEST Admit Card||14th April 2017|
|NEST Exam Date||27th May 2017 (10.00 AM to 1.00 PM)|
|Result Announcement||16th June 2017|
How to apply for NISER NEST Application Form 2017:
Online Mode: For the online application form first of all nominees should have the legal email id.
- Now go to official site of NEST that is nestexam.in.
- Then candidates need to submit their name, valid email id and password to register.
- After that you have to place the details which will be asked in the application form as qualification, exam centre etc.
- Now scan passport size photo and signature to upload on the application form.
- Please verify the information you have entered them click on submit tab.
- Get printout
for future reference.
Offline Mode of NEST Application Form:
- Steps for the Nominees who are going to apply through the offline mode.
- For this mode fill the form carefully which can be from the NEST office by giving the DD of application fee before the Feb. 19th, 2017.
- Paste the photo and signature on the form.
- Last date of offline application form id 04th, March 2016.
- Send the application on or before the last date.
NOTE: If paying through DD, candidates are required to send the DD along with the printed application form through speed post at the address given below:
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2016
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
At/PO-Jatni, District-Khurda, PIN-752050, Odisha, India
——————————–>Click Here For NEST Exam Official Notification<——————————
———————————–>Click Here To Read Apply Online Instruction <——————————
————————————–>Click Here – Apply Online for NEST 2017 <——————————–
————————————–>Click Here – Syllabus for NEST 2017 <————————————
The NEST Syllabus will be followed by the pattern of CBSE/NCERT science syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The syllabus will comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics subjects. There is not any fixed syllabus for general section.
First of all plan your study preparations. Prepare a time-table and divide time equally for all the subjects. Candidates should prepare for the exam according to the syllabus. Include the best preparation books and previous years question papers in your study material. Note down difficult topics and discuss them with your teachers and classmates.
NEST 2017 Admit Card:
The NEST 2017 Admit Card will be available from the 14th April 2017 on our web page also. The admit card can be retrieve through the official site of NEST. The admit card will not be sent by post to any candidate. It is mandatory to bring the admit card and identity card at the examination venue.
NEST 2017 Result:
The NEST 2017 Result will be provided to students through the official portal of NEST. The result will be declared on 16th June 2017. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in NEST exam. For merit list preparation, score of general section along with scores of top three sections from the subjects will be considered.
NEST Counselling 2017:
Students will be called for further NEST Counselling 2017 on the basis of ranks secured by the candidate in the rank list. The merit list will be posted on the official site of NEST. The admissions will be done strictly on the basis of merit list till all seats are filled.